Traditionally female, muses have been the source of endless inspiration and great works of art, due to their beauty, character, or some other mysterious quality. In fact, the word ‘muse’ describes a person or personified force that is the source of inspiration for a creative artist. Similarly, in Greek and Roman mythology, it is used to describe each of the nine goddesses, the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, who preside over the arts and sciences.
Given our entire natural perfume range is based on the 9 muses of Greek Mythology, we got our creative juices flowing and decided to put together some of the best quotes from our leading ladies.
These starlets and all-round role models split their time between their public careers and their work with charities, feminism and educating the world about self-love. Coming from different industries, they all share the collective belief in using their fame to convey a positive message amongst the world and the collective sisterhood. More power to ya!
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in peoples’ lives”
- “Choose people who lift you up”
- “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals”
- “I’m a big believer in accepting yourself and not really worrying about it”
- “Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it”
- “Be strong. Don’t be a follower, and always do the right thing. If you have a choice between the right thing and the wrong thing, the right way is always the less stressful”
- Emma Watson
- “I’m going to do what I want to do. I’m going to be who I really am. I’m going to figure out what that is.”
- “It’s not the absence of fear. It’s overcoming it”
- “In my moments of doubt, I’ve told myself firmly: If not me, who? If not now, when?”
- Jane Goodall
- “Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right. ”
- “What makes us human, I think, is an ability to ask questions, a consequence of our sophisticated spoken language.”
- “My family has very strong women. My mother never laughed at my dream of Africa, even though everyone else did because we didn’t have any money, because Africa was the ‘dark continent’, and because I was a girl.”
- “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence”
- “I took a vow that from now I’m gonna be my own best friend”
- “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, its myself.”